Get started by attending a free, no obligation first time home buyer class at Arlington Central Library on January 26 at 7:00 pm.
Our first time home buyer classes are educational sessions designed to give an overview of current market conditions and the home buying process. We cover a recap of the market, current trends and market stats including days on market, average sales prices, and inventory levels. We’ll also discuss the impact of the banking system collapse and bailout, the home purchase process and common pitfalls, financing basics and a how to get started checklist.
Specific topics covered:
- First Time and Repeat Buyer Credit Details
- Arlington, Northern Virginia, DC, and Montgomery County market analysis (average sales prices, days on market, etc.)
- Mortgage basics: rates, points, fees
- Financing basics: FHA, Conventional, Conforming, and “Jumbo” loans
- Calculating the tax benefits of homeownership
- Short Sale, Foreclosure/REO/Bank Owned basics
- Search tips
- Fees and closing costs
- Buyer agency and choosing an agent
Tuesday, January 26th 7:00 – 8:15
Arlington Central Library
1015 N Quincy St 2nd floor meeting room
Ballston (Orange Line)
Though there is no cost to attend, you must contact us to register since seating is limited and we need to make sure that materials are available for you.