Tues April 17, 2012 7:30-8:30 pm or Tues May 22, 2012 7:00-8:15 pm
Arlington Central Library
1015 N Quincy St 2nd floor meeting room
Ballston (Orange Line)
Though there is no cost to attend, you must contact us to register for the First Time Buyer Class since seating is limited and so that materials are available.
Educating Home Buyers to Enable Better Decisions
Our first time home buyer classes are educational sessions designed to give an overview of current market conditions and the home buying process. We cover a recap of the market, current trends and market stats including days on market, average sales prices, and inventory levels. We’ll also discuss the impact of the banking system collapse and bailout, the home purchase process and common pitfalls, financing basics and a how to get started checklist.
Specific topics covered:
– Northern Virginia, DC, and Montgomery County market analysis
– Mortgage basics: rates, points, fees
– Financing basics: FHA, Conventional, Conforming, and “Jumbo” loans
– Calculating the tax benefits of homeownership
– Short Sale, Foreclosure/REO/Bank Owned basics
– Search tips
– Fees and closing costs
– Buyer agency and choosing an agent