Here are just a few of the national real estate numbers we are tracking for you now. For more info contact us.
The temps are hot and so is the market! The median sales price in our area reached the all-time high for any month on record, topping the previous high of $446,000 reached in June 2016. New contract activity was up over 4% over last May’s record.
May finally saw a nice increase in new listings, up 8.7% over last year, and 5.5% over last month, but it wasn’t enough to make up for the already low level of inventory we have been seeing. A lot of new listings are snatched up within days of entering the market. Median Days on Market (DOM) at 10 days- the second lowest mark in a decade (9 days in 2013). Which means active listing (those available to buy) in May were still down 10.9% from this time last year and at the lowest May level since 2013.
We’re seeing multiple bids on most properties that are priced to sell, and significant offers over asking in a few pockets of DC and Arlington. Even though the market is competitive, we have a lot of happy buyers right now! Making the most attractive offer isn’t just about competing on price. There are many components that play into the strategy of an offer. If you are thinking of buying, let us guide you on how to put your best foot forward in this hot market. Set up a conversation with one of our buyer agents to come up with a strategy that is tailored to your goals.
Thinking of selling? Now’s the time! Inventory is still at the lowest level we have seen in 4 years and prices are reaching record highs. Buyers are well informed and ready to move. If you have been considering a change, start the conversation with our listing team to figure out your how to position your property to maximize your return.
Upcoming Event: Client Appreciation Day at the Nats Game
To show our appreciation for our business, we’d love to take you out to the ballgame! Join us as the Nationals take on the Braves, Sunday, July 9th at 1:35pm. Tickets are on us, but you must RSVP. If you are a current or past client, or have referred clients to us, and haven’t yet received your invite, reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll get you squared away!
Love us? Review us! Your reviews mean so much to our business. Share your experience online at Yelp, Zillow, Angie’s List, or on Facebook, and you will be entered into a quarterly drawing for a $100 gift card. Plus, you will instantly receive our deepest gratitude! This quarter’s winner: Meghan Hurley! Meghan got 3 entries for her awesome reviews on Yelp, Zillow, AND Facebook. Thanks, Meghan!
As always, if you or someone you know has a real estate need please reach out. We’re here to help!
The Wethman Group
Congrats to our clients who sold their home at 4105 25th in Arlington! This beautifully updated 5 bedroom, 4 bath home, featured over 3000 sq ft, and is located in the desirable Lee Heights neighborhood. Great features of the the home were the open kitchen and living areas and large flat backyard. Sales in this neighborhood range from $900K-$1.5M depending on the size, upgrades and location.
We received multiple offers on the home, with very competitive terms and and closed $34K over list price. The sellers were on the market for over 6 months last year, with only one lower offer.
We took over the listing this spring, and helped the sellers with a customized marketing plan and new pricing to help appeal to the largest amount of buyers. This included minor updates, staging, professional photos, floor plan and more.
We had over 15 agent showings, and over 26 groups through the Open Houses and received 3 offers! This house sold within 3 weeks, with very competitive terms for $1,234,000.
If you have questions on how to get the best price for your home, or want to know what upgrades will be most appealing to buyers, contact us!
Just Listed and Active on the market- this beautifully renovated 1 bedroom/1 bath condo in Arlington Oaks community. Details below:
• Open layout with new, wood grain ceramic tile and modern paint throughout.
• Separate dining area with space for a larger table.
• Updated kitchen with newer cabinets, granite counters, stainless appliances and New dishwasher installed 2017.
• Relaxing bedroom, with ceiling fan and larger closet.
• Bathroom with newer vanity, light and tiled shower. Two closets off hallway. Spacious storage closet off dining room.
• Condo fee includes heating, water, snow removal and more. Amenities include: Community Room, Exercise Room, Community Laundry, Bike storage and storage bins available.
• Pet friendly- limited to one per unit.
• Ideal location! Quick access to Arlington Blvd, Glebe Rd, 1-66 and 1-395.
• Less than a mile to Ballston Metro & redeveloped Ballston Mall
• Adjacent to the Bus Stop and Bike Share.
Units in Arlington Oaks, have sold from $170K, up to $299K depending on size, number of bedrooms, baths and upgrades. Most updated, one bedroom units have sold for $200-$220K. Our unit is listed for $220K.
Email Katie@wethmangroup.com for more information or to set up a showing.
We just put this lovely Lee Heights listing on the market. The home is located in a desirable North Arlington community, and we help the sellers with staging and other tips to help make the home appealing to buyers.
Details on the home below!
• Beautifully expanded colonial with professional designed upgrades and finishes.
• Main level features newly refinished hardwood floors, and carpet.
• Inviting living room with wood burning fireplace, and elegant dining room.
• Gourmet kitchen complete with Silestone countertops, stainless steel appliances, pot-filler, solid maple cabinets with lighted glass fronts and a butler’s pantry.
• Large breakfast bar with additional seating, open to additional dining area.
• Open concept family room with built-in bookcases and sliding glass doors leading to sun filled deck.
• Custom designed office with solid maple cabinetry and built-in desks.
• On the upper level, the enviable master suite features cathedral ceilings, with relaxing treed view of the yard. It also features a built-in custom vanity & two walk-in closets with custom shelving.
• En-suite master bath with double sink vanities, offers an over-sized jetted whirlpool tub and separate frameless glass shower featuring marble details.
• Two additional bedrooms feature built-in book cases, cordless window treatments, large closets with Elfa shelving and lots of natural sunlight.
• Full bath off hallway with granite counter topped double sink vanity and radiant heated flooring.
• Laundry room on bedroom level with Silestone counter top, custom cabinets & shelving, full sink and large cedar closet for additional storage.
• Spacious loft level suite with skylights, 4th bedroom, large private full bath with radiant heated tile flooring and multiple closets with plenty of storage.
Lower Level & Yard
• Expansive lower level with over 1500 sq ft of living space! Main area, perfect for a recreation or play room, extends to a private Au-Pair/In-Law suite complete with a kitchenette: full refrigerator, sink and custom built-in cabinet system and separate desk space.
• Lower level also features a full bathroom, additional 8×15 storage room, and large fitness room with garage-Tek flooring, two bright windows and separate walk-out to expansive rear yard
• Rare, flat back yard with plenty of room for tool shed, and playground.
• Other features include: security and intercom system.
• HVAC replaced in 2013 and Roof Replaced in 2011
• Located in desirable Lee Heights Neighborhood.
• Minutes to GW Parkway, 1-66, The Pentagon and Downtown DC.
• Only .6 Miles to Donaldson Run Pool (swim team, exercise classes and social events!)
• Active neighborhood, in between Lee Heights & Zachary Taylor Parks.
• Highly ranked school Pyramid: Taylor Elementary, Williamsburg Middle, and Yorktown High.
Home in Lee Heights sell anywhere from $ 819K up to $.18M, depsning on size, age of the home and upgrades. Several newer construction homes have sold in the $1.6M-$1.8M+ range.
This home features over 4000 sq ft and a desirable flat back yard. We listed the home for $1.2M.
Contact us to set up a private showing, or see how you can maximize value and upgrades in your home!