This gorgeous home was on the market just under 2 weeks, and received 4 offers with very competitive terms. We provide insight on staging, de-cluttering the home and renovations that were most appealing to buyers.
– Bright and sunny 2 level condo in Kingsgate Community
– Open and inviting floorplan with gleaming hardwood floors on the main level
– Gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, pantry and breakfast counter
– Separate living room, dinning room and half bath on the main level
– Cozy family room complete with built-in bookcases, ceiling fan and remote controlled gas fireplace
– Private patio for outdoor entertaining off the family room
– NEW upgraded carpet on the stairs and upper level hall
– 2 Master Bedroom Suites with ceiling fans and multiple closets with built-in organizers including a walk-in closet in the second Master
– First master features an updated ensuite bath with tub/shower combo
– Second master features an updated luxury full bath that has a dual sink vanity with quartz countertop, ceramic tile and an oversized walk in shower
– Full size washer and Dryer
-NEW HVAC in June of 2016
– Low condo fee and adjacent to shopping and dining
– Close to Washington, DC and less than 3 miles to I-395 and King Street Metro.
Other units in Kingsgate have sold for $350K-$410K, depending on size, location and upgrades. The more updated units have sold in the high $300K’s and low $400k’s. We listed this unit at $405K.
Email Katie@wethmangroup.com for more information or to see how you can get top dollar for your home!
• Unbeatable location only 0.3 miles to the Ballston Metro!
• End-Unit, all brick 3 level townhouse
• Slate entrance foyer with entry level bedroom and full bathroom
• Family room with built-in shelving, recessed lighting, wood burning fireplace, mantle and dual opening French doors
• Walk-out level, fully-fenced back yard with stamped concrete patio perfect for entertaining
• Main level has hardwood floors in half bath, separate dining room and living room and a wood burning fireplace
• Eat-in kitchen has NEW ceramic tile flooring and bright and sunny bay window
• Upper level features Master Suite complete with walk-in closet with custom shelving, an additional closet, ceiling fan and an en-suite full bath with marble vanity top and ceramic tile
• 2 additional bedrooms with ceiling fans and wall to wall carpeting
• Separate full hall bath with marble counter top and ceramic tile
• Recent improvements include: stamped concrete patio, cedar privacy fence, roof, attic insulation, exhaust fans in both upper level bathrooms, marble master bathroom counter top, ceramic tile kitchen floor & lower level carpet
• Ideally located just moments away from Ballston and Virginia Square Metro Stations & the development of the Orange Line corridor, shops, restaurants and nightlife
• Close by parks, playgrounds, library and easy access to I-66
Townhomes in this area are very popular, with the location to Ballston shopping and retail. Homes in this area have sold for $650K-$970K, depending on size, upgrades and location to metro. This home was listed for $819K.
Curious about the Arlington market? Contact us today for more details.
• Charming Ashton Heights Colonial in Arlington with traditional hardwood floors, curved archways, glass door knob hardware and recessed lighting throughout.
• Inviting living room with brick wood burning Rumsford fireplace.
• Main level den with built-in shelving, window seat, cabinet drawers and dual skylights.
• Separate dining room opens to gourmet kitchen with maple cabinets, ceramic cooktop and stainless steel appliances including a Kitchen Aide convection oven.
• Upper level features Master bed room with hardwood floors, ceiling fan and multiple windows allowing natural sunlight.
• Second bedroom with double closets and hardwood floors.
• Full hall bath complete with beautiful marble floor, counter top, subway tile and chrome fixtures.
• Lower level fully finished family room with newer wall to wall neutral carpet and recessed lighting.
• Third bedroom has dual closets with plenty of storage.
• Full bathroom with granite counter top vanity and ceramic tiled shower.
• Additional features include energy efficient water heater and front loading washing machine, Anderson high efficient replacement windows throughout, front-loading attached one-car garage.
• Gorgeous 5,650 square feet garden lot featuring professional landscaping and a private fully-fenced backyard with wood sundeck and mature trees.
• Around the corner from Ballston/Clarendon/Virginia Square Metro orange line corridor, ART transit, Metrobus stops, bike paths, trails, and neighborhood parks.
• Only 4 ½ miles to Washington DC!
Home in Ashton Heights sell for $500-$1.5M Depending on the size, location and upgrades in the home. This house is listed for $759,999. We worked with the seller to complete minor updates to the home, and recommended that they have it professionally staged. We had over 14 buyer showings scheduled in less than two days on the market.
Contact us for more information or to set up a showing!
The New Year is off to a quick start in the real estate world. Is buying or selling a home one of your New Year’s resolutions? It’s time to get started! December median home prices in our area were the highest on record, up 4% from last year, but relatively stable since November, up only .08%. Inventories are typically low in the winter months, which is compounding the already very low inventory trend we are seeing in this area. Inventories are still 15% above the all time low in 2012, but below the 5 and 10 year averages.
Buyers are still quite active. We have several clients right now waiting for inventory to hit the market in the next few months to make a move. Buyers and sellers alike may be feeling the pressure to move while interest rates have, perhaps temporarily, leveled off since the increase that began in late October.
I know we have been saying this for months now, but it’s a great time to sell! If you are able to be flexible with your move plans, don’t wait until spring- talk to us about getting ready to go on the market now. Sellers, our experience shows that February is a great time to list – often resulting in multiple offers!
Buyers, get ready for the spring pop in inventory by educating yourself about the home buying process, and getting pre-approved with a lender. We are hosting our popular First Time Home Buyer Class next month, details below and work with some fantastic lenders, so ask us for recommendations based on your goals and circumstances.
We need reviews! If you’re a past client, don’t forget to leave us a review to be entered into a drawing for two free Caps tickets (they’re doing great, by the way)!
We ratified a contract on this beautiful home this week! This home is located in Highview Park, which has an ideal North Arlington location, and is assigned to highly ranked schools, but is still listed under $900K. Other details about this house:
• Totally renovated, 5 Bedroom, 3.5 bath Single Family home in North Arlington with more than 2,700 sq. ft. of living space.
• Two-story foyer and separate living room, office, dining room and family room on the main level.
• Beautiful Bamboo floors and recessed lighting throughout the home and 9 foot ceilings on the main and upper levels.
• Gourmet Kitchen with a center island, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, ceramic tile floor and gas cooking range.
• Master bedroom has a walk-in closet and luxury en suite full bath with separate whirlpool soaking tub and shower, double vanity and ceramic tile.
• Upper level has two additional spacious bedrooms and a full bath with ceramic tile.
• Walk-out basement complete with a huge rec room, two bedrooms, full bath and separate laundry/utility room.
• Slate front walkway, private driveway with off-street parking and fully fenced yard with shed.
• Ideally located near Arlington area restaurants, shopping and entertainment with easy commute to Rt. 29, Rt. 50, I-66 and I-395.
Other homes in the immediate area range from $760K-$1.27M, ranging on the size, updates and location. We listed this property for $849K, since it was completely rebuilt and renovated in 2012.
If you’d like more information about your home’s value or the market in your neighborhood, email Katie@wethmangroup.com for more information!
Despite increasing interest rates, November closed home sales reached the highest November level since 2009, up 16.5% over last year and reached the highest median price since 2005. Inventories saw a double-digit decline for the fifth month in a row, to just slightly below the 5 year average, but well below the 10 year average, and 14% lower than this time last year. This shows buyers are still out and active, but have less to choose from. It’s a great time to sell! We expect this low inventory trend to continue through the winter months.
Interest rates have been creeping up steadily since the election, from 3.47% in late October to 4.16% this week. The long-predicted benchmark rate increase by the Federal Reserve was confirmed on Wednesday, December 14th, but has not yet affected home loan rates, which are more closely tied to long-term Treasury bonds. Last year following the only other bump in the benchmark rate in the last 10 years, we saw home loan interest rates drop after an initial increase. However, as Sean Becketti, Freddie Mac chief economist noted to the Washington Post, the uncertainty following the election makes the future hard to predict. “The consensus of the committee points to more rate hikes in 2017. However, the experience of this year combined with the policy uncertainty that accompanies a new Administration suggests a wait-and-see outlook… If rates continue their upward trend, expect mortgage activity to be significantly subdued in 2017.” We don’t have a crystal ball, but our bet aligns with a few experts that interest rates will continue to climb, but the ascent will remain slow and steady for the near future. If you’ve been considering buying in the next few years, please contact us so we can help think through the best strategy and timing for your needs.
Client Appreciation Event: Breakfast Movie Party with Santa
It was so wonderful to see all the clients and their little ones who joined us for Breakfast with Santa and Disney’s Moana. This is quickly becoming our favorite new holiday tradition.
As always, if you or someone you know has a real estate need, we’re here to help. Wishing you all happy holidays and a bright start to the new year!
Thankful for all our wonderful clients who joined us for “Breakfast With Santa” this past weekend! We had a wonderful time, and it was great spending the morning with everyone. More pictures to follow!
Who says the fall market is slow? We received and offer even before going on the market!
Gorgeous 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home in Arlington Heights. Inviting living room with fireplace, large dining room and updated kitchen with new tile floors, refreshed cabinets and granite counter tops. Spacious master bedroom with attached half bathroom. Two other bedrooms with hardwood floors, and full bath with shower/tub combo. Bonus rec room in basement with space that sellers are using as a 4th bedroom. Screened in porch, slate patio with fully fenced yard with garage and driveway.
The house was painted, carpet was replaced, tile was installed and other small repairs were completed in preparation to go on the market.
Homes in this neighborhood have sold for $600K-$1.1M+ depending on size, updates and location. This home was abut 2000 sq feet, but had fantastic curb appeal and a large flat back yard. We sold this home for $805K.
Contact us if you have questions about the best updates for your home, and how to maximize your sales price.